Short Quotes from a Sociopath
1) There were no tears, no complaints from me—a total lack of affect. In a victim, it is courage and thus admirable; in a predator, it is a lack of humanity and instills fear.
2) Often my lack of insecurities would trigger them in my own friends.
3) If someone who loves you is hitting you that hard, you have more power than he does.
4) They assumed that I wanted to know for the same reason that they wanted to know—fear. And that was partly true, but I was not afraid of AIDS. I only wanted to understand completely why AIDS made everyone else afraid.
5) I just couldn’t stand that such unfit people could have authority over me. And that was the double injustice of being a young sociopath and a girl, too.
6) But the truth is that if you’ve made a deal with the devil, it’s probably because no one else has offered you more favorable terms.
Confessions of a Sociopath
M.E. Thomas 2013